Lesson 9B: College Setting
[hana-flv-player video=”http://allinoneacademics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/All-in-One-Lesson-9-College-Setting-High.flv” width=”400″ description=”” player=”1″ autoload=”true” autoplay=”false” loop=”false” autorewind=”true” /]
n this section, we want you to pay attention to the fact that not all settings are the same. Sure, you know this, but you’ve probably never spent much time dwelling on the differences. You need to do so before you make a decision on a college.
– Examples: [show-hide]Houston, TX [/show-hide]
– Benefits: [show-hide]Entertainment, culture, workforce opportunity[/show-hide]
– Drawbacks: [show-hide]Distractions, overwhelming, some can get lost in the hustle and bustle[/show-hide]
– Examples: [show-hide]Georgetown, TX[/show-hide]
– Benefits: [show-hide]Safe, comfortable, easy to manage[/show-hide]
– Drawbacks: [show-hide]Not as many professional opportunities or activities[/show-hide]
– Examples: [show-hide]Alpine, TX[/show-hide]
– Benefits: [show-hide]Safe, comfortable, gives you the chance to focus on school[/show-hide]
– Drawbacks: [show-hide]Limited workforce/networking opportunity, for those who visit and know what they’re getting into[/show-hide]
In your workbook, record your thoughts about these different schools. Go to the school’s website, take a look at some of the activities and surrounding areas.
Metropolitan – University of Houston
Suburban – Southwestern University
Small Town – Sul Ross State University